Fish is high in protein, low in fat, and provides a range of health benefits. I try to consume fish at least 3x a week to make it a major part of my diet, and I am always looking for new ways to spice it up. This is definitely one of my favorite ways to cook salmon, and I guarantee it will be yours as well.
I made this recipe for my Dad one time, and he absolutely fell in love with it. He said that this would be the only way that he would cook salmon ever again. That meant a lot to me because my Dad is a great cook, and I secretly try to compete with my him in the kitchen.
The flavor in this recipe is just simply amazing…I actually love the sauce in this recipe so much that I bought jars to store it in so I can make it even quicker. One of these FoodSaver Wide-Mouth Jar Sealer will definitely come in handy when you are storing food. Don’t assume this recipe takes long to make, I’m just always thinking of new ways to go faster. I literally made a big jar of this sauce one time, and cooked this dish for a whole week straight. Don’t judge…and yes, it’s that good.
This recipe makes about 4 servings, but this time I only cooked 2 pieces of salmon. I like extra sauce so I can smother it all over the salmon… I’m sure you can tell by the photo. Hey….I told you, I love this sauce!
A delicious quick and easy dish for everyone!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 cloves pressed garlic
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp parsley, freshly chopped
- black pepper to taste
- sea salt to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- 1.5 lbs of salmon
- Lemon slices for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, and line a baking dish with foil paper.
- Place the first 6 ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Season salmon fillets with sea salt, black pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- Brush the sauce mixture over the salmon, coating the salmon evenly in the sauce. Garnish with lemon slices.
- Bake the salmon in the oven for 12 minutes, or until cooked through. Do not overcook the salmon.
Adapted from: cdkitchen