Recommended from 4-6 months
(Please speak to your babies pediatrician/doctor about starting new foods before you try anything. Introduce one new food at a time, look out for allergic reactions, and remember that all new foods should be introduced to babies at least three days apart.)
I understand sometimes we don’t know where to begin when it comes to feeding our baby. Sweet Potato is a perfect first food for baby, and since they are naturally sweet, babies will love the taste. Sweet potatoes are a super-food, they are a great source of fiber, and contain lots of nutrients like vitamin A and C, iron, folate, copper, and calcium.
The best part is that this is a very simple puree to follow. Store in baby food storage containers like Littleware Baby Food Storage Containers 12 Piece Set Fits Great in Bottle Warmer
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 and 3/4 cup water, or more
- Dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Wash and peel sweet potatoes.
- Cut sweet potatoes into cubes.
- Steam or boil sweet potatoes until very tender, about 15 minutes
- Place sweet potatoes into a food processor or blender, add water and puree. Add a dash or two of cinnamon and blend in, this is optional.
- Add more water as needed and blend until desired consistency.
(I personally use a steamer.)