This was one lazy day of cooking. I literally had my one year old running between my legs while I made this dish. I threw everything in the baking dish and walked away… you cant get any easier than this.
Usually I shred the cheese myself, but this time I bought the pre-shredded cheese. This is hard for me, because I’m a cheese person…so I usually buy really nice cheese, then like to sit there and eat it with grapes and expensive crackers. Hey, Sometimes I like to feel fancy. Don’t judge, if I plan to have a lazy day of cooking, I go all out lazy. There is no in between for me.
I even shredded the chicken from yesterday’s left overs….Yep, and the rice was cooked the day before as well. Like I said, I threw everything in the baking dish, and walked away.
This casserole dish can easily fit into a smaller baking dish, but might take a little longer in the oven to heat through.
An easy casserole dish that the whole family will enjoy!
- 2 cups of shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (I use healthy request) 10 1/2 oz.
- 2 cups of broccoli ( cut up into little bite size pieces)
- 2 cups of cooked chicken (any kind of chicken shredded or cut up in small cubes)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- kosher salt and black pepper (lightly seasoned to taste)
- 1 cup of corn flakes (crushed)
- 2 tbsp of butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together except corn flakes, and melted butter. Season lightly with kosher salt and black pepper. Mix well.
- Put into a 9x13 baking dish, and sprinkle crushed corn flakes over casserole.
- Drizzle melted butter over corn flakes.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Put the oven on broil for 1-2 minutes to get the corn flakes a little crunchy. (watch it carefully on broil, or it can burn!)
Adapted from: momontimeout