I love the combination of tomato and basil together, add a little garlic and I’m in heaven! I have been eating salmon this entire week, playing around in my kitchen. My goal was to keep the salmon simple, healthy, and quick…while still being absolutely scrumptious. I love spending time in the kitchen creating a great recipe, and while some recipes don’t always turn out right, this one was pleasantly delightful. I added the tomato and basil to the salmon and Voila!! I just had to share on my blog. 🙂
First you want to add the olive oil, lemon, balsamic vinegar, chopped basil, and crushed garlic together in a bowl and give it a stir. I was being lazy so I didn’t even bother getting a second bowl after I measured the olive oil in the measuring cup. I promised this would be very simple, so no crazy prep work, and less clean up!
After you have your mixture together, line a baking tray with foil paper to place salmon on, then abundantly coat the salmon in the olive oil mixture. Don’t worry if the olive oil mixture falls in the pan, you want some to be under the salmon as well. Then generously apply course sea salt and freshly ground pepper to the salmon. The course sea salt and black pepper taste amazing with the basil and tomato, you want this flavor to pop out! Mmmm…
Add a couple of tomato slices on top of the salmon, you might only need one tomato slice depending on the size of your salmon, but you just want to make sure the whole salmon is covered. Season the tomato slices with a little bit of garlic salt. Next is my favorite part…top with shredded parmesan cheese, and feel free to load the cheese right on there. I loooooove cheese!!! 🙂
Including prep work, this salmon was ready in less than 30 minutes. Enjoy with a side salad or pasta.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp fresh basil, minced
- course sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- tomato slices, for topping
- garlic salt, to taste
- shredded parmesan cheese, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl combine olive oil, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, crushed garlic, and chopped basil.
- Line a baking tray with foil paper, and place salmon in tray. Abundantly spoon olive oil mixture over salmon. ( You want some olive oil to fall under the salmon ). Then generously season salmon with course sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Top salmon with 1-2 tomato slices, or enough to cover the salmon. Sprinkle a little bit of garlic salt on top of the tomato slices, then add parmesan cheese to your desire.
- Bake salmon in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked. Serve while still hot!