I never imagined roasted broccoli could be so delicious, I mean I literally just gobbled down 8 cups of broccoli to myself. This broccoli is roasted in a little olive oil, garlic, and parmesan, then tossed together with red pepper and freshly squeezed lemon juice, finishing with sea salt and black pepper. The parmesan will have everybody at the table licking their fingers clean. This broccoli was so good that I ate it alone…I didn’t even bother making a main dish to go with it, because I was stuffed after eating a galore of broccoli to my face.
You will want to roast these babies in a large baking pan lined with foil paper. Don’t copy what I did in my photos, you need a large enough pan to spread out the broccoli evenly so that they are not on top of each other. The broccoli was placed into this dish only for the photography, and I did steal more than a few while I was shooting, I couldn’t resist. 🙂
For this dish, make sure you are using grated parmesan cheese instead of shredded. Even though they are both parmesan cheese, the outcome will not be the same with the shredded parmesan cheese. The grated parmesan makes the flavor pop! Be prepared to have your kids begging for more broccoli, and have a second batch ready to cook again. Yes, it is that darn good!
You will love how quick and easy this recipe is to prepare, I had everything ready in 20 minutes and on the table. This broccoli can easily feed a family of 5, and is an excellent side dish to any meal! Enjoy! 🙂
- 8 cups of broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste, (when finished)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, and line a large baking pan with foil paper.
- Wash and cut broccoli into florets, (I bought a bag of broccoli that was already cut into florets).
- Place broccoli into a large bowl. Mix olive oil and lemon together and pour over broccoli. Next add garlic, parmesan, and crushed red pepper to the bowl. Stir and toss to combine and coat evenly.
- Place in baking pan and bake for 15 minutes, turning broccoli half way through baking time.
- When finished sprinkle broccoli with course sea salt and freshly ground pepper.