Delightfully delicious chickpea salad with dried cranberries, cherry tomatoes, carrots, scallions, red bell pepper, and fresh chopped parsley. Topped in a homemade sweet and tangy dressing. So simple. So good.
This is one of the best chickpea salads I have ever made. Seriously, I never thought I could be in love with a salad so much. The taste is far from boring. It is sweet, tangy, bold in flavor, and will have you craving for seconds. Healthy foods don’t always have to taste bland, and this chickpea salad proves that.
This recipe will make a great side dish to almost any meal, because the flavor can work well with many different foods. It can be eaten on its own, and is an excellent vegetarian dish. Chickpeas are high in protein so it is very filling. I had two bowls of this and I was stuffed!
Salads usually don’t make great leftovers. However, this salad actually doesn’t taste bad the next day. Even when left soaking in the salad dressing, it still tasted very fresh. This recipe can serve about four to five people, so I had plenty of food leftover. I ended up doing a little meal prep with the remaining salad, and put it into containers. I ate the salad throughout the week, and I would say it tasted fresh for about two to three days after it was made.
This is a beautiful looking salad, and it is very pretty when served on a plate. The colors in the salad remind me of spring and summertime. I actually wasn’t going to add the parsley, but I thought the salad needed more green color to it. I am now glad I added the parsley, because it turned out wonderful!
I have to admit, when I first made the dressing it did not turn out right. I forgot that oil and vinegar do not mix! I originally added the olive oil to the dressing mix, and of course it naturally separated, and would not mingle together. This was annoying because I was excited about how my salad was turning out, then I couldn’t properly use the dressing! I quickly fixed this situation by adding the olive oil separately, and tossed it with the salad before I put the dressing on. Turned out delicious! Things don’t always work out in my kitchen, and I am not perfect, but I will always post the yummiest recipes that do. 🙂
A delightfully delicious chickpea salad with dried cranberries, cherry tomatoes, carrots, scallions, red bell pepper, and fresh chopped parsley. Topped in a homemade sweet and tangy dressing. So simple. So good.
- FOR THE SALAD:
- 2 (15.5oz) cans of chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup of scallions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup of red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 cup of carrots, shredded
- 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/3 cup of red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup of honey
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the salad and toss together. Set aside.
- In a separate medium sized bowl, combine all the ingredients for the dressing. Mix well.
- Pour all or desired amount of dressing over the salad and toss to coat evenly. Serve.
I used all of the dressing on the salad, and it tasted perfect. I know some people do not like a lot of dressing on their salad, so pour desired amount.