NoBake Apple Pie Dessert Recipe – A quick and easy delicious treat for two. Perfect for anyone looking for a fuss free recipe that requires NO baking. The sweetened green apples over the graham cracker crust is a little bite of heaven.
Ohmagosh! I have to warn you, these photos might leave you licking your screen… just a little too hard. Not only was this absolutely delish, but it was so easy that I almost didn’t want to post it with Mother’s Day right around the corner. I was planning to go all out and bake this enormous cake, but then I got like really lazy.
My plan was to make an apple pie without turning the oven on. Yes, I was having a very lazy day. So I needed something simple, sweet, and excellent for Mother’s Day. This recipe worked because it is:
- Taste just like an apple pie!!!
- Fuss-Free Recipe
- Drizzled in LOTS of caramel
That caramel drizzled over the whipped cream is a MUST! I know I wrote that it was optional in the list of ingredients, but don’t deprive yourself of that caramel. It is everything! Besides, I just shared a salad recipe before this so it’s okay to indulge in
a bite a mouthful of this yumminess.
Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there! I wish you all a very peaceful and well enjoyed weekend… because moms need both of those things! Take the time to relax, and enjoy this easy peasy recipe. Perfect for two, because you just might gobble up a second one. It. is. that. good.
NoBake Apple Pie Dessert Recipe – A quick and easy delicious treat for two. Perfect for anyone looking for a fuss free recipe that requires NO baking. The sweetened green apples over the graham cracker crust is a little a bite of heaven.
- FOR THE CRUST:
- 6 graham crackers, blended finely into crumbs (3/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon of white granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- FOR THE APPLE FILLING:
- 2 cups green apples, peeled & cut into bite size pieces (about 2 apples)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cornstarch (mixed with 1 tsp. of water)
- Whipped cream or Vanilla ice cream
- Caramel syrup, for drizzling when finished (optional, but highly recommended)
- Make the graham cracker crust. Place graham crackers into a blender and blend until fine crumbs.
- In a medium sized bowl, add the graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar. Mix together evenly. Place an even portion of crumb mixture into two dessert bowls. Cover, and set aside in the fridge for 1-2 hours (so the crust can harden a bit).
- Heat a medium sized pan over low-medium heat. Add butter and cinnamon and stir until melted. Add in apples, water, lemon juice, nutmeg, salt, and light brown sugar. Turn up the heat until it slightly bubbles, and cook apples for about 5 minutes or until slightly tender.
- In a small separate bowl, Mix cornstarch with water, and then add cornstarch mixture to the apples in the pan. Stir for another minute until water thickens.
- In two even portions, add the apple filling to the dessert bowls on top of the graham cracker crust.
- Top with whipped cream or ice cream, and drizzle with caramel. Serve immediately.