Chocolate Avocado Banana Smoothie – All the health benefits you want from a smoothie with a rich chocolate taste!
When I say health benefits, I’m not just talking about the avocado, which is popularly known for being one of the healthiest fruits. Instead lets focus on the delicious cacao powder and all of its health properties. It’s time to feel good about eating CHOCOLATE!
- Cacao is high in antioxidants that’s known to improve skin texture, and protect against premature aging.
- Cacao is full of magnesium which is important for a healthy heart. It also lowers blood pressure levels.
- Studies have shown the cacao flavonols help to enhance mood, and combat depression.
- Cocoa powder has a high fiber contact, which helps keep your digestive system properly process and remove waste and toxins from your body.
- Cacao can even help you lose weight! It helps stimulate serotonin production in the brain. This chemical helps suppress your appetite, which means you’ll consume less calories in the long run.
- Cacao has more calcium than cows milk and is the highest plant-based source of iron.
- Studies show that cacao can also help lower risk of lung, prostate, and skin cancer.
These are just some more ways to LOVE chocolate! I can say that I’m officially a chocolate lover, and never feel bad about indulging in this delicious healthy snack.
Ready to make some Chocolate Avocado Banana Smoothie?
Let’s make it!
All the health benefits you want from a smoothie with a rich chocolate taste!
Total time: 5 min.
- 1 banana, (peeled, chopped, and frozen)
- 1/2 of an avocado (peeled, pitted, chopped, and frozen)
- 1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of cacao/cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 cup coconut milk, or regular milk
- After freezing banana and avocado, place into blender with all ingredients & blend until creamy smooth.
- Serves 1