4 more days until Christmas! eek!!! I am definitely NOT ready, but I have the perrrfect last minute holiday cake for Christmas day 🙂
You see this cake right here? This is the easiest cake I have ever made in my life, hands down. No-bake and no-stove top. I thought the last recipe I posted was pretty easy, but this was literally almost no work at all, which is perfect during the hectic holiday season. Caramel, chocolate, pecans, and whipped cream…what’s not to love? The combination is fitting for the holidays, and its nice to get away from all the peppermint desserts around Christmas time.
I was kinda shocked at how yummy this cake turned out, because like I said, I put in almost no work at all. The only thing I wished was that I made more, because the flavor was positively delectable! This cake will definitely impress guests if you are holding a Christmas party, and can be whipped up last minute if guests show up unannounced. If you are holding a party, you probably would want to double up on all the ingredients, and use a bigger baking dish.
If you don’t like chocolate chips, try using shaved chocolate for the topping. I was aiming to use shaved chocolate, but I only had chocolate chips in my pantry, and it ended up turning out delightful! Really such an appetizing dessert, I plan to make this again soon because it was just mouthwatering delicious!
( I will be away visiting family for Christmas this year, so hopefully I still get to blog if I’m not so busy during the holiday. If I am, I will resume with my yummy recipes when I return 🙂 MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS! )
Fuss-free, no-bake, and no-stove top mouthwatering Turtle Icebox Cake.
- 1 and 1/2 cup whipped cream, for the cake mixture
- 2/3 cup caramel sauce
- 8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 12 graham crackers
- 1 and 1/2 cup whipped cream, to top the cake
- 1/4 cup chocolate chip morsels
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- caramel sauce
- chocolate syrup
- powdered sugar
- In a medium sized bowl, beat cream cheese and caramel until creamy. Mix in the whipped cream for the cake mixture.
- In a 8x8 pan spread a thin layer of cream cheese mixture to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Place 3 graham crackers in the middle of the pan, then break up more pieces of graham crackers to fill the gaps. Spread almost half the cream cheese mixture on top.
- Add another layer of graham crackers and break up pieces as needed to fill the gaps. Spread remaining cream cheese mixture on top.
- Add a final layer of graham crackers, and put the other 1 and 1/2 cups of whipped cream on top of the graham crackers to top the cake.
- Sprinkle chocolate chip morsels and chopped pecans on top.
- Refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours until the graham crackers have softened.
- Right before serving, drizzle with caramel and chocolate syrup. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, and serve chilled.
Adapted from: lifemadesweeter