Easy Baked Doughnut Recipe – A quick and easy doughnut recipe that anyone can make. These are the BEST homemade baked doughnuts you will ever try. Not kidding!
I kid you not, these doughnuts were the bomb. Everyone was asking for seconds, and begging me to make more. So for the past week I’ve been this crazy doughnut making machine. These were for breakfast, lunch, and dinner….hey, a girl needs to live!
You can’t even tell they aren’t fried like traditional doughnuts. Which makes them a little healthier. A little. Although I could never say no to a fried doughnut, I believe baked is always the way to go. Can you believe that most people don’t know that doughnuts are generally fried?
Not only are these doughnuts irresistible, but they are also the PERFECT Valentines day surprise. Food is the way to a persons heart, and baking some fresh homemade doughnuts couldn’t be more sweet. Literally.
You can’t forget to bake them in a heart shaped doughnut pan, like this one here > Nonstick Heart Donut Pan. It just makes it more romantic. 🙂
Easy Baked Doughnut Recipe
Easy baked doughnut recipe– A quick and easy doughnut recipe that anyone can make. These are the BEST homemade baked doughnuts you will ever try. Not kidding!
Prep Time: 15m. Cook Time: 10m. Total Time: 25m. Makes 12 doughnuts.
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar (icing/confectioners sugar)
- 2 or 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar (icing/confectioners sugar)
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, and lightly grease doughnut pan.
- In a large bowl beat the oil, butter, and both sugars until very smooth.
- Add in the eggs and beat to combine.
- Add the baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and vanilla extract. Stir in to combine.
- Alternate the flour and milk into the mixture. (Add some flour, then milk, then flour, then milk, then flour.) Always begin and end with the flour until the mixture is smooth and combined.
- Spoon the batter mixture into the doughnut pan, filling the wells about 1/4 from the rim.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then take doughnuts out the oven. Let doughnuts cool for about 6 minutes before taking them out the pan. Place doughnuts on cooling rack.
- To make the basic sugar glaze, add all ingredients into a bowl and stir until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- To make the chocolate glaze, add all ingredients into a bowl and stir until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Put doughnuts into a ziploc bag with some of the basic sugar glaze, and shake until doughnuts are coated with the glaze. You can also dip each doughnut into the glaze. If you are using the chocolate glaze, dip doughnuts into the chocolate.
- Place doughnuts back onto cooling rack to dry. Enjoy!
- Place parchment paper under cooling rack to avoid mess.