30 Minute Chicken Asparagus Pasta Recipe – This simple one-pan meal is perfect for those busy weekday nights, or for a quick and easy delicious family dinner, satisfying your taste buds.
A BIG hello to everyone who reads my blog :)…I know its been a REALLY long time since I have posted or blogged. Blogging with a fulltime job and a 3 year old isn’t the easiest to juggle around. Creating, cooking, photographing, editing, and now writing this recipe feels so right though. It’s who I am, and what I love doing. The photography has to be my favorite part, and I forgot how much I missed it! My camera to me, is like a toy to a child. Brings me to a happy place.
Something different you might of noticed was that I changed my website name from YumInYourTum.com to CaribbeanScent.ca. The main reason for this is I started making tropical scented candles (that I plan to put on my website), and because I grew up on Caribbean food! Although I dabble in a little bit of everything, like this 30 minute chicken asparagus pasta recipe, that taste oh so amazing.
Life sometimes takes you on unexpected paths and turns, sometimes bad and sometimes good. I believe everything is a learning experience, and is meant to happen to lead you to where you are now. In life you can start over, stop, or go backwards. Life is what you make it, and success can’t happen without mistakes. Nature doesn’t rush anything, yet everything is accomplished. 🙂
Ready to make some pasta? Let’s make it!
30 Minute Chicken Asparagus Pasta Recipe- This simple one-pan meal is perfect for those busy weekday nights, or for a quick and easy delicious family dinner, satisfying your taste buds.
- 4 cups rigatoni pasta, uncooked (almost the whole box)
- 3 chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups asparagus, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 and 1/4 cup half and half cream
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp lemon zest, finely minced
- 2 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- black pepper, freshly cracked
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- onion powder, to taste
- paprika, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package. Save 1/2 cup of water from the pasta, drain the rest and set aside.
- In a large skillet, add olive oil and cook seasoned chicken over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in garlic and cook for 1-2 mins.
- Add asparagus and butter and stir-fry for about 3 mins.
- Pour in half and half cream, lemon juice, lemon zest, thyme, and parmesan cheese. Cook for additional 3-4 mins, stirring often. Add cooked pasta to the same skillet, stir well. Top with freshly cracked black pepper to taste.
- If you need to loosen the sauce, slowly add the water that was set aside from pasta. Only adding a bit at a time.
- Serve immediately.
- This dish taste best served fresh.